Have you noticed dark green or black fungus patches growing in your kitchen, shower, or basement? Is it giving off an unpleasant musty odor? If so, then the probability that this is a toxic mold has increased. Black Mold can cause serious health problems if inhaled and needs to be removed immediately by a professional service for safety reasons.
Mold is not something one wants at all; it's unhealthy and unsightly. It may start out small but over time will grow into larger colonies of fungi with toxic potency levels as high as some types of radiation exposure from nuclear waste! So if there are signs, get rid before the problem gets worse by hiring professionals who have dealt with these things many times before and contact a professional mold removal service right away.
What Is Black Mold?
Not all black molds that can be found out there are as dangerous or deadly as Stachybotrys Chartarum, which has a wide range of symptoms it may inflict upon you when introduced to your body through inhalation, ingestion, skin contact (or any combination).
Why Is Black Mold So Dangerous?
How Does Black Mold Spread?
When a spore falls onto your yard or gets swept outside during cleanup efforts, it will start developing colonies that grow stronger with every passing day. The more these spores enter our body through inhalation or ingestion means higher risks of health problems and property damage over time because high concentrations build up around us all while we're blissfully oblivious about them lurking in dark corners waiting to attack!
Signs Of Black Mold
Be on the lookout for some telltale signs, especially in high moisture areas or areas with recent water leaks. For those wondering how to identify black mold (although it's not as easy), there are 4 main ways of doing this!
- Smell – One of the first things you need to do when trying to identify a musty odor is try and locate it. As you sniff the air, do any smells stand out? Maybe that musty smell of old clothes or a strong mildew odor. Foul smells often indicate a potential infestation. For instance, if you smell dirt or rotting leaves then black mold may be the culprit!
- Color – The mold can range in color from dark green to black. It is important not to confuse the toxic Strachybotrys with non-toxic molds that also come in a variety of colors, such as white or blue ones.
- Texture – Has a fuzzy, clammy, & slimy texture. This is in contrast to or types of mold and mildew, which has a more powdery texture
- Testing – Have it professionally tested in a laboratory or looked at by a professional mold technician.
Health Problems Caused By Black Mold
The health effects of Stachybotrys vary person-to-person depending on their current state during contact. People who are already suffering from chronic asthma attacks should be extra careful because they're more likely than others to experience negative reactions like shortness of breath when exposed for extended periods without taking precautions.
Symptoms of Black Mold Exposure
- Itchy, red, or watering eyes
- Skin rash
- Runny nose
- Difficulty Breathing
- Asthma symptoms
- Chronic fatigue
Where Does Black Mold Grow?
Stachybotrys grows best near areas with high moisture levels so if you find this type of fungus growing somewhere look for ways that might be leaking water into your home where Stachytbortrys thrives including: leaky pipes under sinks, showers, or toilets; roofs dripping snowmelt onto unprotected wood structures below them; outdoor sprinklers watering wet gardens during rainstorms without turning off.
- Between walls
- On or behind drywall
- In air vents or ducts
- Around window sills
- On or underneath the carpet
- In basements
- In the attic
- In the building foundation
How To Remove Black Mold?
Removal of any type should always be left in the hands of an expert with full knowledge about how this fungus grows so as not to make things worse by releasing additional particles throughout your property.
How To Prevent Black Mold
The best way to avoid black mold in the home? Schedule an inspection with your local inspector who will identify all potential water damage sources you may have missed or are unaware of! They'll also help you spot any visible signs of mold and detect any airboune mold as well.
- Keep humidity levels low, below 50%. You can control humidity with an air conditioner or dehumidifier.
- Ensure proper ventilation throughout the property using exhaust fans, open windows, and dryer vent is functioning properly.
- Conduct a home inspection or call a plumber to identify and fix any water leaks, leaky roofs, or other plumbing issues.
- Use a mold inhibiting paint
- Use mold-killing products to wipe away surface mold on bathroom tile
- Dry any wet areas immediately.
- Remove any wet carpet or furniture that isn’t drying right away.
Contact us today if you are in need of one-on-one service from trained professionals who know everything there is about black mold removal so we can help make the situation better again quickly.
Mold isn’t something anyone wants around - it usually means dampness, wet areas or stagnant water has been left unchecked for too long which could lead to more serious problems such as sicknesses like asthma or respiratory infections.
That’s why companies like ours exist: because seeing these sorts of issues unfold is not an option when lives depend on wellness and safety always being maintained.